Effective Communication Skills for Managers
Business runs smoothly when everyone is using professional communication skills. Without them, business becomes less efficient, less productive and ultimately less profitable. Enhancing the professional communications of yourself, your managers or other staff will instantly give you the ROI that you can see and hear on a daily basis. It starts from the top.
Who Will Benefit?
How do leaders become charismatic and get people to understand and follow their vision? How do good managers direct people to carry out the orders of the day without offending staff or clients? By developing clear, confident communications, and by understanding how different people at work communicate. Learn to be a better people-manager. This customizable program is great for managers, directors, supervisors, other executives and professionals who must contribute, lead and share with staff and upper management.
What You Will Learn:
A few of the things you will learn in Effective Communication Skills for Managers coaching include:
Part One: The Big Picture
- Defining effective and professional communication
- Using the theory of ‘3V Communications’
- Understanding the communication process and our filters
Part Two: Going Deeper into Filters
- Language and meta-program filters in use
- Managing different types of people using key verbal techniques
- Specific communication and people management tips
Part Three: Developing People Management Skills
- Being friendly: how to be open, engaging and sincere
- Smart small talk techniques
- Building rapport: how to connect to others verbally, vocally and visually
- Introduction to NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) to build rapport quickly
Part Four: Sense the Tone!
- Becoming a great listener: effectively using active listening skills
- Reading body language
- Using the right tone: email etiquette and professional repair
- How to discuss hot topics and even disagree without arguing or offending
Part Five: Quiz, Review and Managing Staff
- Quick Quiz and Review of key concepts and acronyms so far
- Managing staff through delegating: Our 5 choices
- Word and phrase choice: using non-offensive and non-judgmental language
- Email correction – replacing judgmental wording
- Running smooth team meetings – structure and common phrases used
Part Six: Managing Conflict and Difficult People
- Being assertive but not aggressive
- Strategies for dealing with difficult people
- Handling conflict: how to avoid it and diffuse it using shapes!
- Step-by-step rules of engagement
- Conflict management role-play
Part Seven: Coaching Staff
- Giving and receiving feedback in a positive, constructive way
- Employee review/staff evaluation meetings
- Learn the DAWA response to criticism
- Goal-setting and coaching strategies using the GROW model
Part Eight: Persuading People
- Influencing others: how to add persuasion to your communications to help get “buy in” from your team
- Using the most effective body language for influence and persuasion
- Preparing for negotiations
- Reminder summary of main concepts learned
This program includes a 3V workbook, interactive and dynamic coaching sessions, and assigned homework both written and online.
Required Investment In Time:
This customized coaching program runs for a recommended minimum of 8 sessions. The sessions usually are run once a week, but you have the flexibility to space sessions out according to your comfort level and schedule. It’s up to you. You will also be assigned homework to keep you busy in between sessions.