Body Language Secrets – How to Read, then Lead
Body language is just one part of non-verbal communication, although it is a pretty big part! It can cover movements made in the face, both overt and micro-expressions, touching parts of your body with your hands, eye contact, posture, gait, limb actions, hand gestures, and a whole lot more. Body language study is not an exact science, but it is a fascinating one, and we have been studying it since the 1600s with early pioneers like Francis Bacon and Charles Darwin. There have been numerous modern studies and research on the subject since the 1950s as well, and that has produced current pioneers like Dr. Paul Ekman and Dr. Desmond Morris. The list continues to grow.
Why should you study body language? There are 2 good reasons:
- So you can read people better. Develop your empathy, listening skills and observation skills so that you can make an educated guess as to what a person is thinking and feeling, so that you can communicate more effectively with that person. Correctly interpreting body language cues will give you an absolute edge in your meetings, negotiations, interviews, presentations, and social functions like parties and on dates.
- So you can present yourself better. You may or may not be able to read people well, but you can always control how you present yourself to the world! Learn the most effective ways to walk into a room, talk to anyone (even on live TV!), give a presentation or speech, or simply just mingle and network. There are techniques to learn that will allow you to lead people so that they like you, trust you, and follow you. If you interact with clients on a daily basis, you need this.
Who Will Benefit?
It is ideal for people who are in sales, negotiations, politics, law, media, real estate, government, coaching, teaching and training, and any type of public speaking.
What You Will learn:
A few of the things you will learn in Body Language Secrets coaching include:
- Understanding body language as non-verbal communication
- Cues vs. clusters
- Analysis of body language of others
- Analysis of pictures
- Micro-expressions: the 7 universal emotions written on our faces
- Videos to see micro-expression analysis in action
- How to present yourself to others
- Communication techniques to use or avoid
- The relationship between your hands, voice and emotions
- Body language analysis videos
- Keys to confidence – Head-to-toe summary of confident body language
- Recommended resources to continue your study of body language and non-verbal communication
This program includes a 3V workbook, interactive and dynamic coaching sessions, and assigned homework both written and online.
Required Investment In Time:
This coaching program runs for a recommended minimum eight sessions. You have the flexibility to space the sessions out according to your comfort level and schedule. Once a week? Once every two weeks? It’s up to you. You will also be assigned homework to keep you busy in between sessions.